Monday, September 7, 2009

pretty cupcakes

So one of my awesome sisters (I have two awesome sisters, you know) sent me a little package the other day. Inside was a book about cupcakes, which I was eager to get into, and two bottles of blue nail polish, which just made me laugh out loud. Good sisters know when you need to laugh out loud. Well, that night I gave myself a much needed pedicure and read about cupcakes. There are so many cute ideas in this book, but I landed on a butterfly one to be my first challenge. Because you know a book about desserts wasn't going to sit in my kitchen unused for very long, I made them for a party this weekend. They were a big hit and tasted pretty yummy too! Good sisters know when you need to make something chocolaty and yummy. Good sisters also know when you need to talk and how to make you forget about things you don't want to think about. My other awesome sister spent two hours on the phone the other day doing just that. Maybe I can distract Steven from the phone bill with another batch of cupcakes.


3 comments:

  1. Yay for cupcakes!! Your butterflies turned out great. Good job!

    P.S. You're an awesome sister too! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom just gave me that book too. I haven't tried anything yet, but you have inspired me to start! Love the butterfly cupcakes...you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy. I love all you awesome sisters. :)

    ReplyDelete