Sunday, September 6, 2009

Matthews Alive Festival


Every year our little Matthews town holds a festival called Matthews Alive. It's like a small scale fair. I love it! I love the music and screams of the rides. I love the smell of fried everything. Ice cream dripping from chins and sleepy kids clutching daddy won stuffed animals. I love the booths of free pencils, plastic cups, and balloons. And huge cups of lemonade. The carousel and the tea cups. I am a total fair junkie. There is even a parade thrown in complete with fire trucks and marching bands. Oh, you can get wonderfully lost in it all. We certainly did.


The girls and I love the carousel.


Corn dog and ice cream break


This ride is where Chris spent most of his time. He's moved on to the big kid rides. A girl riding before him actually threw up. Of course, he thought that made the ride even cooler.


parade watching


and the sleepy walk home

1 comment:

  1. How cool is that! It looks like so much fun!

    Also, I noticed that the girls are wearing their dresses that you made...and again, I'll say that they both look sooo good! I love the sash and tie on Analiese's. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete